QNeST Route proposal – test - Skadar Lake – Virpazar Route | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Montenegro » Routes
nikmur
nikmur Jan 10
Hi there. Let’s start the testing of “Skadar Lake – Virpazar Route” …
lukav
lukav Jan 10
I’m here. Ready to go!
milosdro
milosdro Jan 10
me too!
nikmur
nikmur Jan 10
following some info for you https://application.qnest.eu/routes/5e2f3deef9af2a4c03a597cc and the description “Virpazar is the main gateway to Lake Skadar. The Ottoman Empire’s Besac Fortress dominates the hill directly above Virpazar. It was built in 1487 and used throughout the empire’s rule. Like many old fortresses in Montenegro, it was most recently used as a prison during XXII. It’s since fallen into ruin but has been partly restored with the help of European Union funds. Monasteries around Skadar lake is surrounded with ten Orthodox monasteries to be visited: some of them are in ruins, other ones reconstructed or under reconstruction. Their positions on tiny islands, steep hill slopes or in the middle of marshland make them rather inaccessible: most of them can only be reached by boat. The Wine and Bleak Festival is held every year in Virpazar. During the festival people gather from all over Montenegro to try dried and fresh grilled bleak (a lake fish) and wines from local producers. As well as the wine and fish visitors can try local olives, olive oil, honey and cheeses. The Crmnicki region here produces excellent award-winning wines and this is a great chance for visitors to try and buy some. The gastronomy of this area is largely identified with the Mediterranean gastronomy. The local products and cuisine are known for their simplicity and clear territorial identity which are common to both northern and Albania and south of Montenegro. The mixture of high quality meat especially veal and lamb; lake fish such as carp, black and grey mullet, humble and yet fresh dairy products, such as goat, cow and sheep cheese and yogurt, delicious fruits and vegetables grown in this territory provide ethno-gastronomic route for travelers to look forward to discovering.”
lukav
lukav Jan 10
I’m a traveler! It’s amazing to live in Montenegro and every day I discover something new that I’ve never heard and seen before. About the monasteries, did someone visit them?
milosdro
milosdro Jan 10
Yes, of course! Very interested building and ruins. I felt like a monk for a while. An incredible feeling!
lukav
lukav Jan 10
So funny. I will visit them!!!
nikmur
nikmur Jan 10
I quote “the monk”! Let’s contact a tourist association!